Quantcast

TSL AIML Parser/Chatbot editor

alicebot

A graduate student of mine has written a TSL_AIML Parser, chatbot editor tool.

"The TSL AIML Search Tool is written using Visual Basic .NET utilizes the concept of linear search, also known as sequential search. This is a common method of performing a search and though it may not be the fastest, the algorithm is simple and the list need not be in any specific order."

A Beta version is uploaded onto the CLONE3D site. There is some documentation and a paper describing the tool there as well.

It's posted to a weblog here: http://clone3d.com/WordPress/

Or you can find it directly here:

http://clone3d.com/research/SiewlanTanPaperIVA2006_format.pdf - Some documentation.

http://clone3d.com/research/TSL_Tool_Beta_V1.zip - The executable is here.

Please post feedback.

Re: TSL AIML Parser/Chatbot editor

mehri-2
Hi,

I just now had some time to look over your paper.
Very well written short piece about your graduate
student's work.

My feedback would be that the brief explanation of
AIML might be more well suited at the begining.  Kind
of seemed out of place in the middle, but not too bad.
 Then again, I'm a programmer not an English teacher
what do I know, eh?  ;-)

For the metrics, I'd conduct metrics based on
categories loaded instead of AIML files.  AIML files
can be anywhere from 0 to n categories and not really
a fair metric unless you have AIML files with the same
number of categories but at that point you're just
measuring categories anyways.

Probably your grad student used mostly the rich .NET
library but giving perhaps the runtime in Big-O would
score major geek points.  It sounds like since he used
linear search it's O(n) but I'm kind of curious now.

Are you planning on releasing this as an open source
tool with an open source license?

Finally, I'm interested in his thoughts on the
following:

* What problems cropped up that were either near or
completely unsolvable in the amount of time given and
how many hours did he spend estimated?

* What problems did he solve which were of a major
conquest?

* If he continued working on the project what would be
his roadmap for the future with it?

* What insights did he gain from working on this
problem set

Cool program and tool I hope it makes it to the open
community.

--- [hidden email] wrote:

---------------------------------

A graduate student of mine has written a TSL_AIML
Parser, chatbot editor tool.

"The TSL AIML Search Tool is written using Visual
Basic .NET utilizes the concept of linear search, also
known as sequential search. This is a common method of
performing a search and though it may not be the
fastest, the algorithm is simple and the list need not
be in any specific order."

A Beta version is uploaded onto the CLONE3D site.
There is some documentation and a paper describing the
tool there as well.

It's posted to a weblog here:
http://clone3d.com/WordPress/

Or you can find it directly here:

http://clone3d.com/research/SiewlanTanPaperIVA2006_format.pdf
- Some documentation.

http://clone3d.com/research/TSL_Tool_Beta_V1.zip - The
executable is here.

Please post feedback.

> Learn netiquette at
> http://www.dtcc.edu/cs/rfc1855.html
> Learn to read at http://www.literacy.org/

.................................................o' \,=./ `o
Mehri                                               (o o)

RE: TSL AIML Parser/Chatbot editor

alicebot
Mehri,

Thanks for the feedback on the parser. I discussed the code with Sielan, my
grad student. She and I are considering changes as per your advice.  We are
also considering different ways to release the code that are the most
advantageous to my student. Since AIML is open source it does form a bit of
a dilemma.

I'm not a programmer. I've worked as an artist in the film industry in
Hollywood and am now at a technological university in Singapore (Nanyang
Technological University) pursuing research and teaching.

It's great to have access to such a talented group of people.

Thanks again,
--
MC