Voice-operated AIML Editor

mendicott.com
Today I would like a voice-out/voice-in AIML Editor..  ;^)

I would like to be able to feed questions in automatically via XML, hear them read out loud, and then be able to simply dictate responses into the AIML Editor..

I would expect my dictated responses to be automatically analyzed and tagged semantically in the AIML Editor without human intervention (but of course manually tweak-able if necessary)..

And, I would like this in a convenient package for Windows..

Is this really to much to ask?  ;^)

Thanks in advance!

 - Marcus Endicott
   http://twitter.com/mendicott

Re: Voice-operated AIML Editor

Stanley E. Honour
Dragon Naturally Speaking can definitely do what you ask if the
interface is web based.   It can probably work with XML / AIML forms
with some work defining the fields.  Another possibility is Google
Voice.   In windows 7, Microsoft has greatly improved voice input.  I
have not worked with it, you'll have to read up on it.  It would be
great if you could report back with info about which application works
best with the AIML editor.  Now for the last part of your request you
will have to work with Dr. Wallace's Spellbinder tool.  One issue is
that currently, to my understanding, is that it is a batch job utility,
not yet set up for real time IO.   How much programming are you willing
to do?  It can be done.  Nothing needs to be invented.

Re: Voice-operated AIML Editor

mendicott.com
Stanley,

Matt Ledding has replied to me on Twitter with this link http://bit.ly/aJE3ee to a 2007 post by Gary Dubuque about using AIMLpad.com with Dragon Naturally Speaking..

Unfortunately, I don't have a new Windows 7 machine at the moment..

So it seems perhaps a Spellbinder API is needed..

BTW, lately I have been looking into the new wave of IVR APIs; one thing that has struck me is the similarity between IVR "grammars" and AIML..  Apparently IVR is not true voice recognition, but in effect also a kind of pattern matching..

Thanks for your reply!

 - Marcus Endicott
   http://twitter.com/mendicott

Dragon Naturally Speaking can definitely do what you ask if the
interface is web based.   It can probably work with XML / AIML forms
with some work defining the fields.  Another possibility is Google
Voice.   In windows 7, Microsoft has greatly improved voice input.  I
have not worked with it, you'll have to read up on it.  It would be
great if you could report back with info about which application works
best with the AIML editor.  Now for the last part of your request you
will have to work with Dr. Wallace's Spellbinder tool.  One issue is
that currently, to my understanding, is that it is a batch job utility,
not yet set up for real time IO.   How much programming are you willing
to do?  It can be done.  Nothing needs to be invented.
<<

Re: Voice-operated AIML Editor

JBX028
Hello,

I think using Python libraries like NLTK and DragonFly (http://code.google.com/p/dragonfly/ & http://vimeo.com/9156942) in addition to Dragon Speaking, you should be able to build what you would like to do.

FYI, I created a chatbot with a nabaztag (http://www.nabaztag.com) as an ouput.
I wrote a small tool in order to use the pandorabot api and the trueknowledge api.

Basically, once the sentence is recognised via Dragon Naturally speaking the sentence is sent either to pandorabot or trueknowledge (via a switch word : "question") and the reply is sent to my nabaztag via his api for the text to speech (http://doc.nabaztag.com/api/home.html)

Using this, the exchanges between the human and the machine are impressive. My childrens like to speak with him :-)

I would be also interrested to have this kind of script in order to improve my pandorabot. If i have sometime, i'll try to do that using the libraries refered above.

Let me know if you want more details.

Regards,
Johnny B (from France)